Saturday, October 30, 2010

Beat the Teach

I have fallen off the wagon.

Once school began in earnest and I got caught up in all the lesson plans, grading, all that goes with school, I didn't even make it to the gym for 2 weeks. After completing Week 1 of the Couch 2 5K, I did nothing.

Nothing. Not even walked down the street.

Guess I need to start over.

Maybe I'll try to start with Week 2 and see how that goes. I participated in 2 Combat classes at the gym this week and they whipped me, but in a good way. Maybe I can handle Week 2.

We'll see.

In the meantime, Nicky and I walked/jogged a 5K this morning to benefit the PTSA of the middle school where I teach, and the cross country team where Nicky goes to high school. Times were messed up because they let the high schoolers record them. Mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we were somewhere in the 45-50 minute range. Trying to jog on wet grass, leaves, gravel is very different from a regular road or a treadmill! Hopefully the coach will figure out the times. (He's the middle school art teacher, so I'll see him Monday.)

Here I am after the race, in my fab new orange "Beat the Teach" T-shirt:
I think all the kids can safely say they beat this teach! But I still had a great time. All for a good cause.

Tomorrow...Week 2. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment